Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Mothers back to black
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #37
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFocusSE5 View Post
But let's face it, they do have a very high percentage of products that are made in China, hurting our own economy and thus, each one of us. They even sell fish, Salmon, from China! I don't support companies that ship American jobs overseas. None of us should. Period.
I completely understand what you are saying I used to feel the same. But from a business perspective it is very smart. Why pay more for a product from one place when a product, sometimes of even better quality, can be had for a lesser price? It was not until I got to college that I came to realize business in modern day and time thrives due to these new opportunities. It actually is better for the American economy because those cheaper prices are, in most cases, passed on the the final consumer of a product which would not be able to afford it otherwise. From a bigger point of view it is not a bad thing at all. It comes down to people in the US stop increasing their knowledge as they grow older and work somewhere for a long time vs. other countries where people are constantly taking college courses etc. to further their knowledge and worth to a company. More Americans are starting to do this though which is leading to increased employment. Most of the Americans who are unemployed are actually to blame their selves because rather than pursing more they settle for welfare and blame the government and others for their inability to TRY.
Im only 20 years old and you see how I feel about this.
Galatians 6:14