Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #13538
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^ That sums up nicely what I have been so poorly trying to convey, I can and do hang with peeps for fun and to look at nice cars but I enter and PAY to get into a car show for the chance at a trophy. If the show is just going to throw me under the bus EVERY TIME then I might as well be throwing my money off a bridge for what little difference it makes. There was no reason to do what they did other than insult us, and you can say that they aren't biased all you want but the fact of the matter is NO focus will ever win an award at an import show unless we have 10+ and even when we do, it's a FORD class not a Focus class, how many awards last year were given to cars that had 2 or 3 show up and had a specific award for it?

That's what I am mad about it's not about losing it's about the blatant disrespect that we continually get from import show organizers and judges. My judge asked me some questions and took a grand total of 10 seconds looking at my car before walking off. Didn't look under the hood, in the cab, walk around it, or anything like that. Got my score sheet, and mod list asked a couple questions, and walked off.
SR #233