Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #13537
Pattacular
IH8URFCE

Fan#: 80015
What I Drive: 07 Pueblo Gold SE

FF Reputation: 3 Pattacular Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Agreed with Matt on most points. The only thing is the categories. In all honesty, the entire event (IR and AM) was a vast improvement over last year. I mean it was almost like I was at a completely different show. What I have a problem with is consistency on their part. I knew they were putting us in the same class with the Grand National, and I was fine with that. I figured "Okay well we won't have a top 3, but we will have a Best in class. Fine." We still would have lost, but it would have made sense.

They also had listed on their website a Best Truck class. There were 7 trucks. More than enough for it's own category. But for whatever reason, they got rid of that category entirely. Skip ahead skip ahead. Here is where the consistency issue comes into play. Let's ignore the fact that there was a Best Truck category last year when only one truck showed. Instead, how about the Best Classic category this year. There were maybe 2 or 3 classics there. I personally only counted 2 but maybe I missed one. ANYWAY, the 76 Celica won. Congrats to him. But wait. Why is it that they keep a class with only 2(or 3) cars, remove a class with 7 entries, and condense a number of cars from different classes into one class?

This may not be a big deal to you. That is understandable since it is not your priority. But bottom line: I go to car shows to win. Yes, I like looking at other cars and hanging with my friends. But there are a number of places I can do that without having to register and pay $45.

I will conclude this novel by reiterating that I agree with you on most of your points. We need participation. If we had that, this whole class issue wouldn't even be a topic of discussion.
Sedan Revolution #195

facebook.com/goldiloxfocus