Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #13532
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 9 SvviftSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuo View Post
That's cool.. we can just keep scratching all the shows off our lists over petty crap. Eventually we can make our own right? I'm sure so many people, who can't even manage to plan a month in advance to get a day off, could totally put their own car show together.

I think your bitching is a bit childish Justin. There were 2... yes.. TWO WHOLE FOCI... with.... THREE WHOLE DOMESTIC TRUCKS and a SINGLE domestic muscle car with a few scattered neons. So in total.. what? 10-12 cars in a class? Even if you had a "Sport compact" class like you said you'd be OK with, that puts like 5 cars in the class. Still not enough to warrant a full on category. Honestly, I would have done the same crap.

The problem is not IR, the problem is the lack of people ON OUR PART showing up. Why do you guys think I don't really participate on the forums any more? You guys want respect in the car scene? We have to effing earn it, we can't just mildy mod our cars, throw on a team sticker and show up here and there as 2-3 man wolf packs. Let me guys know when you want to be a serious car club.

You want respect? We need to start showing up to everywhere we can. This DEFINITELY includes getting rid of the dumb idea to go to a WEEKLY MEET on the same day as a MONTHLY MEET. That blows my mind. There's like 3 or 4 of you that complain so much about how we aren't respected yet really don't put too much effort in to getting the respect.

I'm also tired of hearing this "Oh they're biased" shit. So. Effing. What. God forbid we have a good time hanging out, walking around looking at other nice cars, or oh, I dunno... maybe enjoying watch people take pictures of our own cars? Yes, lets all complain about how we didn't win a trophy and boycott the show. QEFFINGQ

p.s. Yes I brought it back up.
I don't know about other people, but this was on Easter weekend, so that prevented me from even being able to think about it. too many things going on.
It was believed that it was next weekend, until shortly before.
Keep in mind, I can't speak for any body else, so I'm just explaining my side.
If it had been predetermined that 3 cars were needed to have a class, then the 5 or so domestics sport compacts, should have been enough. I know the focus never hts respect, but how many times are we supposed to get slapped in the freaking face?
You talk about ahow going to a weekly meet on a day a monthly meet occurs needs to stop... How many times have you skipped on a meet because you simply didn't want to go?
I personally can't stand PZ meets because of how horribly they are ran. The cops never do anything. It's a freaking RICE convention (with an emphasis on IMMATURE), with very very few nice cars. I want to see tastefully modded cars.
I could go on for days, but....
/end rant
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)