Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - A simple fix for the microphone wind noise issue
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #135
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray5476 View Post
Sorry to say phone performance is not fixed. Still at dealership. They are back in contact with FORD
Murray,

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you might have had some luck with that. Although I had my doubts that would fix it only because it would make sense if it were wiring that the issue would be present even when you were parked where wind noise wouldn't be a factor.

This might have been mentioned but the other day while I was recording some tests I would tap the mic several times. When playing back you could notice that during the taps on the mic the background wind tunnel noise went near silent. I think the only fix for this issue unfortunately going to be in the Noise Cancellation software thats likely built into the handsfree system. Whether that can be updated via Firmware or not, who knows but were likely not going to see that resolved since the MFT 3.x update that JUST CAME OUT was supposedly going to improve Voice calls and reduce background noise. I guess Ford assumes they did that and I don't expect they'll touch back on it until the next MFT release which will likely be later than sooner.

THis certainly doesn't excuse Ford for not fixing this!. Its a shame with all the high tech stuff in these cars that they would allow the Voice calls to have that level of background noise to the point where nobody would want to use it.