Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #937
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerveson View Post
The car drove smooth during the test drive (37 miles at the time) and for the first hundred miles or so. Now, with 677 miles on the odometer, I have definitely noticed the above mentioned issues (shuddering in 1st gear, uneven acceleration etc.). I have a build date of October 2011, so I am hoping the 12-01-04 TSB will fix the issue. I am going to schedule an appointment with the service department today. Hopefully I have a positive experience. I will let you all know if I hear anything different/unique.
Cheers.
The update fixed those issues for me. It's still not perfect, but much more manageable. Good luck!

I have to wonder... Some of you may have seen the "adaptive procedure" that is supposed to be performed after the DCT software update has been done.

It involves driving the car up to a certain RPM, coming to a stop, and repeating that process a few times. Then you accelerate to 60 mph, while keeping the RPMs below a certain point, and then braking. That step also has to be repeated many times.

I can imagine that it's a very annoying procedure for a tech. to perform. I'm not sure what impact an improperly performed "adaptive procedure" would have on the final product, but it could explain the varied success we are experiencing. Maybe some techs are skipping that step, or simply driving the car without performing the steps.