mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Fan View Post
I took my car in to the dealership and requested a system wipe and reinstall, since my self-upgrade attempt had frozen. The dealership didn't do as I asked -- they just verified that the system appeared to be loaded and working correctly.

I was able to show them where my current gen iPod Touch didn't sync or index correctly (unknown artist/song but album art is displayed), and the other anomalies are random, I can't reproduce them on demand.

I regret buying the MFT option. It's been a huge disappointment and a waste of my time.
the MFT is half of the system in this case... did you audit your Touch? It plays a big role in this pairing. if it has funky characters or corrupt meta info in one MP3 file it can hang components of MFT (and other systems too). I recently found a particular mp3 file on mine, that just wouldn't play, although it was indexed. When I tried to play it... it would play random song on my iphone 4. ran tune-up on it and swapped out the album art....that fixed the problem completely.