Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Power Steering Failure on brand new 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #64
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. The car is currently in the shop getting a 2nd new set (yes, you read that right) of wheel bearings, which are supposedly slightly larger than the original and first new set. Fingers crossed on that. 2nd repair on the vehicle for the one issue. As for the power steering, I haven't had it die on me again yet. The next time it does, I don't care where I am. I'll drive it to the dealer with the power steering shot and leave the car running so I can say "Look, it's dead right now, don't shut the car off until you diagnose the problem". I had to do that with my 2005 Focus when the battery harness failed. The car would likely qualify as a Lemon for the amount of days spent in the shop rather than the number of repairs first. We're coming up on 15 total, which is when I'll have to write a letter to Ford.

Really hoping I don't have to go the Lemon route because the car is awesome without these damned little problems. Even with all the problems I think I bought the best car available for the money and features available. DCT on a hatchback for near 20k? Hell yes!