Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #136
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I like Ford because they are so incredibly stubborn. How many other companies who feature high bang for buck products would spend almost 20 years developing a far more complex and costly 4 cam 32v design while FAILING to outperform their own pushrod windsor design from a HP and fuel efficiency standpoint, let alone rival mopar or mouse motors. Now if they could only attract some Mercedes and BMW buyers with fat wallets to cover the cost...good luck with that. Now hot rodders are stuck with spending 5x to go faster. I also appreciated their decision to quit making their family-friendly Aerostar and Freestar minivans in favor of the wildly unpopular and inefficient Flex. Talk about a flash in the pan and function follows form lol. This move coaxed me to consider Chrysler products for the first time. My decade old Caravan has given me over 200K trouble-free miles.

I'd rather spend my money on our own continent that are produced by USA manufacturers. I avoid buying asian or european cars, especially those made in the USA. It's an incredibly stupid idea...you get typical american workmanship, and worse, our money goes into a foreign wallet. Like any wise asian citizen, I buy domestic goods whenever possible and do my part to support our own economy. Many parts of my Cryslker and Ford are foreign, but I try to suppoort our economy and reduce the trade deficit.

As for GM, I am incredibly thankful that the government bailed them out because most loans are being repaid and they rebounded. I have no interest in feeding millions of unemployed USA industrial workers free cheese, or dealing with lost tax revenue, covering welfare and uninsured families for the next half century. The unemployed and their dependents don't just vanish off the earth or move to mexico lol.