Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Daytime running lights (DRL)
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #81
ServerTech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91612
What I Drive: 2012 S.G. Focus Titanium Hatchback

Points 17, Level 1
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ServerTech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just heard back from the dealer about the work that was done on my car. Turns out the the alignment issue was actually related to that TSB which involves the steering. I didn't see that coming! I'll comment more on that on another thread...

As for the dealer's second attempt at activating the DRL - negative. It sounded like they can't because if they were to reprogram the component to make it possible, it could adversely affect the rest of the car's programming and causing unintended harm. OK...

03rubicon - While you're working on those screen shots of the IDS sequence which you had gone through, can you answer something for us? Did you have to do anything special with the IDS, some sort of hidden menu or something that wasn't recommended, in order to enable DRL? Basically, did you have to ignore any messages that IDS had spit out informing you that you can be in big trouble if you change certain options in the BCM? The reason why I'm asking is because I'm wondering if there's a fear of some sort of liability that's involved with changing certain features or options on a vehicle, specifically when done by a Ford service center. I'm probably way off base wondering about those things, but I thought I would ask anyways.