Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #133
Supernaut
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85958
What I Drive: '99 Kawasaki Ninja EX500

FF Reputation: 1 Supernaut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Its really hard to pick just one, but I'm going to go with Chrysler/Dodge which are unfortunately not under the same column on the poll.

Besides making so many crap cars, I hate how the company only exists on the money of fools alone. I truly believe that Chrysler customers are the least educated group of consumers out there, buying simply because a commercial told them to, or "This looks really nice" or because their great uncle Jethro told them its a good idea with a stream of tobacco juice running out the corner of his mouth. Its hard to imagine an auto company with any less going for it. I've seen ads online saying Chrysler/Dodge is the fastest growing car maker in Canada and if its even true I can only ask why????

Others I would have to say is Chevy, and the rest of GM to a lesser extent for much the same reasons but with much less intensity. I think their cars are somewhat less crap (maybe even some could be called "good"). They irk me the wrong way with a good portion of their customers being the die hard chip on their shoulder, elitist but in a redneck kind of way type.

German cars, but Mercedes in particular for their lack of reliability. Arrogant elitist customers (especially the VW ones) who look down their nose at anything non German. Meanwhile I remember seeing consumer reports rating several Mercedes models among the lest reliable vehicles you can buy...period. One year I remember the lowest of the low was a Mercedes...something or rather. The second worst that year? GM Astro/Safari Van. Its sounds like German luxury car price for Chrysler level mechanical quality. I'm not saying Consumer reports is the definitive bible. But their survey system seems much more legitimate than anything else out there and the reviews/ratings usually seem pretty well on the money compared to experience with vehicles of mine, friends, family, co-workers...etc.

Honda I have no particular love for but respect for a good reliability history. Its a shame how they no longer evolve and their imagine was severely tarnished by ricers and ricer culture to the point were most automotive enthusiasts can't take honda seriously. I was once at a road rally event and the few competing civics were thoroughly booed by the crowds of spectators as they raced by. No other kind of car there received that ovation.

Hmmm, That about does it, I'll step off my soap box now.