SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg hazlett View Post
If you remember back when the dyno debate started we were wondering and wanted to see what a manual car would do to see how much of a difference there was between the manual/automatic.

I know you are close/friends/in with Steeda but they are known for pulling tricks to make their products gains be more than what is true; I cannot see how they gained 20 ft/tq with just a filter and MAF housing without changing something else-like dynoing the car stock with 87 and then with their RAI with 93....and yes, they have done that before with mustangs, not slinging mud, stating facts.

I am not promoting Injen by any means, I think if you asked anyone who has been around the modern day cars if adding a filter and MAF housing would gain you 20 ft/tq on a 4 cyl 2.0L engine they would call B/S in a heartbeat....I don't want to see anyone spend their hard earned money on a part, install it and then not get what they expected out of it.

Think about this; the 2012 Focus puts down 160 hp/142 tq at the crank; if you blindly accept their dyno sheet of 20 tq gained do the math...that is an increase of 15%....with nothing more than a filter/MAF housing...not buying that one bit...I did not see that much of an increase with an Airaid CAI on a 5.7L V8 Tundra nor on a 4.6L V8 Mustang.
Being a Mustang owner for years myself (way before I started working here), I've never seen anything regarding Steeda fudging their dyno numbers.