Philip_T
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93142
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Philip_T Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Its a known bug in 2.11 with a minority of complainants. Upgrading will likely help if its one of the bugs ford took care of. Nothing to lose by trying it out.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip60912 View Post
Yesterday, after I fueled up and pressed the start button without the brake pedal to go into accessory mode, the speakers did a BUZZ!... BUZZ!... BUZZ!... BUZZ!... every 1/2 second at FULL VOLUME! It was so loud and foreign that I thought that something or someone was slamming on the top of my car! I then hit the start button with the brake pedal and started the engine and the radio came on at normal volume.

I haven't updated the software yet and am hesitant for a few reasons. Before this, I never really had any issues with MFT. There is a slight lag when buttons are pressed on the screen and that is pretty much it. I really like the layout and features. This upgrade to me seems like going backwards with the stuff Ford has taken out.
I had heard a few people who had this problem with 2.11 and was always worried about it happening to me since I sometimes travel with two little ones in the back (1yr and 3.5 yr) and don't need to be damaging any young, developing eardrums. Never had a problem with 2.11 buzzing or volume levels, but after upgrading to 3.0 over the weekend, I got the full blast static/buzz after stopping for a quick breakfast sandwich this morning. Got back in the car, went to start it (push button Ti) with brake on and BLAM!

Glad the kids weren't in the car. I had no idea wtf was going on at 1st. The car didn't start, just blared loud static. Pushed the button again and it slowly crackled to a stop while the car started and then the radio resumed normal function. Thought the 3.0 was supposed to have addressed this. Install went smooth with no hiccups so I don't think that's the problem.