Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #39
westgadawg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94576
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SE

FF Reputation: 1 westgadawg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by mattymings
I am having the exact same problem. I got my 2012 Focus a week ago and it's been in the dealer for a majority of the time. When I accelerate from a dead stop it makes that weird rattle noise. I have had to take it in twice since the dealer claims they can't hear it or isolate the noise. I'm getting very frustrated since this is a brand new car and it's already having problems, and no one at the dealer thinks there is anything wrong with it.

From my experience so far most of the service people working for Ford have hearing issues. What they cant hear everyone else including your passengers and people outside the car have no problem hearing the tranny. Let me say, I can live with the fact that this type tranny doesnt operate the way a normal automatic does. Its the grinding noise that everyone hears that i'm sick of. Ford counts on the fact that with most of the Focus's the grinding and or shutter doesnt show up till about 500 miles by that time the car is yours. When my car was just purchased it didn't show up till around 500 miles and after the first tranny rebuild it took about 400 miles for the grinding to return now with a new replaced tranny we went about 500 miles when ir starting to show up again. I've stopped by a couple Ford dealerships other than my own to do some shopping. I was shopping for a new Ford Focus, its amazing that when I asked at both dealerships the sales people knew nothing of tranny issues and they knew nothing of break-in periods for the clutches. The service people at my dealership know nothing of a clutch break-in period. I've had many people stop and comment on how awesome this car looks and it is awesome looking. I love driving the car it handles like a dream once you get past 3rd gear. But stop and go driving is a different story, the clutch dragging and grinding, the erractic idle that Ford cant seem to get corrected. My software has been reprogrammed twice but its back again. All of this makes for an unsafe slow drive. Until Ford decides to build these tranny's with quality parts it will continue to be an issue. Ford is hoping the tranny issue will go away but as we see here on this site even the cars that have been recent purchases are developing the same tranny issues. As I have said before as long as this car is in my possession I can not in good faith recomend that anyone spend their hard earned money on this car.