Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Power Steering Failure on brand new 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #63
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,590, Level 98
Points: 27,590, Level: 98 Points: 27,590, Level: 98 Points: 27,590, Level: 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Please check the lemon laws in your state. Be sure to do your research on .gov websites, and avoid .org or .com sites that are owned by lawyers. Most of the paperwork you can file yourself without representation. The state is supposed to represent you. Just gather your materials, information, and don't tell dealer reps that you're seeking that route. Make sure that you have all your ducks in a row, get more documentation than you think you need, and if they try to give you current resale or not refund you what you've paid- then threaten a lawyer. The proper way to do this is to simply say: "I'm sorry, I read the law, and the statute says full refund of all monies incurred in the purchase of the vehicle, and your numbers don't match mine. Here is my lawyer's name, from now on you should contact this office instead of calling me." They will use tricks to avoid following the law. They will tell you things that aren't true because they assume that most people don't read or attempt to understand laws. I've done a bit of research, and most states have help lines as well as fairly well written FAQs and links to the actual law. It is important to read the actual law since a clever rep will try to bend what the actual law says- and it might not even be that person, it's just what he/she is told to say and do by their superiors. Like "All we have to do is offer to purchase the vehicle back from you at fair market value of $19k." That's BS, but if you accept and give them the car- then it's written in stone. Your mistake for selling it back to them, not theirs for lying.

Yes I'm a fan of Fords, but I am not going to give any slack to any company. These problems are likely related to manufacturing, and I'm sure there are engineers working to alleviate the issues so that the future cars are more reliable. Still, that's no consolation to someone who has a bum car. I see people returning cars under the Lemon law as encouraging the manufacturer to insure these procedural changes are implemented ASAP.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.