Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - I must be getting old... :-) DIY 2012 intake modification
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '12 Black SEL 302A; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
^Nice triple enclosed quote . Even when drunk I only double bracket quote, lol (and that's usually in a non meaningful non informative way)

I agree with the two posts above me though which is why i am still sitting on my stock intake. I'm struggling still with with dropping $2-300 on an intake that may or may not benefit me with more gains than pure sound awesomeness. I have the FS Werks race exhaust and it is loud and menacing which I was looking for and may give me a few horses? I always considered the intake the more performance oriented mod as opposed to the sound exhaust provides personally. Good to have a board where this kind of debate is possible I suppose
Yea, the brackets did get excessive didn't they?

I believe an intake and exhaust together would make fantastic gains on this car. Even more so when you can tune with SCT and add a header and take off the cat. This engine has ALOT of potential. Think about it... DI, 12.1 compression, TI-VCT, excellent head flow... I see nice power N/A and F/I (the ST) coming in the future for these engines.