Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Power Steering Failure on brand new 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #61
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had the power steering fail on me Saturday morning, March 31st. I had started the car, it was running for maybe a few seconds, and I threw it in reverse to back out normally. 1 second into backing up and halfway out of the spot, BAM, power steering goes out with the message warning chirp. Power Steering Failure Get Service or whatever it said. I fought the wheel to ensure it was really out. After a few choice words, I turned the car off and restarted it. The power steering was still out after a few seconds. After a few more choice words, I realized the power steering was working again and the warnings went away after restarting.

I'll bring it up to my service dealer as I already have an appointment this Thursday. I'm still working on getting the vibration/warble fixed on the car between 50 to 65 mph. Follow my other posts to see the drama with that. I'm really regretting buying this car. I sold my 98 Jetta TDI just to avoid problems like this. Now my car has spent 5x more time in the shop than my 14 year old car. To say I'm pissed would be putting it mildly.