Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New Metal Monkey SVT gauges!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #17
Sniper Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84221
What I Drive: '03 SVT EAP "Eurotrish"

FF Reputation: 20 Sniper Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veetoe157 View Post
What is involved in this install? Is it something you can do on your own?
Just pry the needles with two spoons, pull the old overlay off, and put the new one on and recalibrate the needles. Pretty much the same install method I read 15 years ago in a Mustang magazine. Having a Scangauge II helped a lot with recalibrating the needles.

If you look hard enough in the pics you can see a tear in the LCD display. I tore the polarized film on the back when I did the LCD mod, so I replaced the whole screen the other day. It was easy, to me I guess, but I don't want to do it again either.

Then I messed around with reverse LCD, with blue numbers and black background (white numbers by day). It worked well enough, but if the background didnít show light then I would've been more for it, so I left it stock. The white card would probably have to be black around the numbers for a true black background. Probably would need a plotter or something.

The how-to is peel off the stock polarized film that's on the front of the glass and flip the film over and the display will reverse. If you really want to do it buy a new piece of film, the old one will get messed up a little.