Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Basic Bolt ons: Exhaust Headers/Flex Pipes
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #108
DoomsdayFAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92019
What I Drive: ~2006 ZX4 SE Sedan 2.0L~

FF Reputation: 1 DoomsdayFAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Man, getting the Exhaust on was pretty easy, but for some reason, we just could not get the new header on. To be perfectly honest, we couldn't even get the stock one off. We just started to take the heat shield off when we discovered that neither of us could even get the damn stock 02 sensors off.

The whole thing was just too damn hard and too much of a tight squeeze. So, luckily my bro has a buddy who he thinks will be able to help, so within a week or two, I'll meet up with this other guy and see if he can get it on there for me.

I noticed a pretty nice gain with the CAI/Exhaust. From 0-50 MPH it climbs faster than it ever has before, but from 50> it lags back down a little bit and starts climbing slower again. But I shaved off a good second from my 0-60 times. I was doing them in roughly 10 seconds, whereas now I'm doing them roughly in 9. But that's with a fully loaded car. I wonder if I'll be able to make that same run in 8 with a gutted trunk and all the extra crap out of my car? Then hopefully (if I ever get the header on) I'll be able to make that same run in 7.