Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #1327
ericrz
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96766
What I Drive: 2012 Black Hatch, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 ericrz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylander View Post
Not sure if you handle leases but I'm in the market for a lease. I'm looking at a 2012 Focus SE, Automatic, with package 201a. I'm looking for a 24 month lease with 12,000 miles. I do get A/Z plan pricing. I do not have a lease to trade in. I'm looking to get my payments to $200 or less. The dealer I'm working with is at $229 with $1000 down. Is there room to negotiate? I would like to stay at $1000 out of pocket. I'm not sure if I'm getting the best price. My zip code is 48312.
Friendly advice -- putting money down on a lease (often called capital cost reduction) is a really bad idea. You're basically paying some of your "rent" upfront -- and if something happens that you don't complete the lease (i.e. the car gets totaled) that money is gone, lost, wasted.

I've never put a penny down on a leased car. Put that $1000 in a savings account. Even if it makes your monthly payments a few bucks higher, it's much, much safer.

More details here:
http://www.leasecompare.com/autolease101_6.php