Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Euro Headlamp Availability
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #154
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_guy View Post
Just joined today. FF seems like one of the better Ford Focus forums on the Internet.

I don't know if this is legit, but one of the Ford reps told me that the EcoBoost 1.6 will be available in SE and SEL trim in Canada for '13 and the bi-xenon projectors (no mention of the LED eyebrows) on Titanium models (likely as an option) for 2013. He didn't mention LED tail lamps at all.

The Ford Focus and the Mazda3 are the only two options for my next car. Here is hoping Ford expands the option list for 2013 or 2014 (new model usually equates limited options? This is my guess...)
I'm not sure that the rep knows what they are talking about, from what I've seen/ heard the SEL is likely going away for 2013 if anything, although a 1.6L EcoBoost is a possibility for 2014 (I'm not sure they have enough capacity especially if the engine is coming from Valencia Spain to roll it out to the Focus as well as the already announced Fusion and Escape.)