Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #79
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshew97 View Post
Well, the dealership had my car since Wednesday, and guess what?

IT'S NORMAL !!!

The sound I am hearing is a result of the type of sway bars and suspension they use and there is nothing that can be done!?

AMAZING!!

On top of the fact my window is busted and not being fixed due to having window tint, I believe I will be looking for cars this weekend. I have never experienced anything like this before in my life....As much as I hate to say it, Honda goes the extra mile to keep their customers happy. I cannot believe everything is excuses and BS on a NEW car with only 4500 miles on it!!
Welcome to the club. Most of us have heard the same thing from our dealers. In a way I hope this issue causes more damage in the long term, and costs Ford a lot of $$ as a result of not willing to aknowledge that this is not "normal" behavior. I have no faith in Ford or their service departments at this point in time.

Expect Ford customer care to suggest you visit a different dealer to have your issue fixed. In these boards this is "customer care". Instead of addressing the issue and educating the tech at the dealership to ensure that this does not occur with other customers, it becomes your responsibility to find a dealer/tech that can aknowledge the issue and have the know how to actually fix it. How pathetic is that in this day and age?