Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #895
FrostedG
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97068
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SFE

FF Reputation: 1 FrostedG Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Request the 12-1-4 or not?

I guess I should start by saying I'm a relatively new 2012 Focus owner. I've had my SFE for 3 months and have 4500 miles on it (build date is 15.08.2011). And I have the Automated DCT

I took a couple test drives and was impressed by the overall driving characteristics of the car. This is also the first time in 19 years that I've owned a vehicle with an automatic transmission of any kind.

I've noticed a few oddities after I had the car for a few days. The oddities persist to this day.
1. There is a VERY slight shudder when the car shifts at slow speeds (meaning low RPM and low gear). Accompanying the shudder is what sounds like a heat shield rattle.

2. Initial acceleration from a stop is inconsistent. Sometimes it starts off smoothly. Sometimes there is a sudden acceleration. This is all with about the same amount of foot pressure on the accelerator.

Other than that, the transmission seems to perform just fine. Throttle response is good. Shifting is reasonably smooth. All the varying responses to the 12-1-4 TSB has me wondering. When I go in for my first maintenance, should I request the TSB be applied -or- specifically request that the dealer DOES NOT apply it?