Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #96
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

Points 1,996, Level 26
Points: 1,996, Level: 26 Points: 1,996, Level: 26 Points: 1,996, Level: 26
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foci-runner View Post
I have already fixed everything that was wrong with the car when I bought it. The only thing left is to paint my replacement fender and install it. I actually went to the boneyard and snagged a decent pass. headlight for the time being.

I am planning on buying a 6K HID Projector Headlight Kit. That along with Taillights and Tint is next on the list after I finishThe lowering Springs.

I am going the Zetec Route because I actually had 2 Zetec long blocks just given to me. So I might as well use them. I don't really get to start all of the major mods until after I get married this summer. Weddings are so flipping expensive!
Congratulations on making a big step for women and a giant step for men! (to somewhat misquote the lunar landing).

Glad to hear you've got the car up to almost tip top shape. If you're still looking for a rear sway bar, I've got one, pm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foci-runner View Post
And if I install the Springs and the ride seems too unstable I will just pull them off until I get the SVT Suspension.
It isn't as though it would be unstable as much as:
1) you would have to compress the front struts a lot more to get the springs attached
2) the life of the stock struts and shocks will reduce considerably
3) possibly the most important point - the struts/shocks aren't tuned to be run with lower/stiffer springs.

If you're still hell bent on getting the look. Do it and keep us updated.
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90