Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Daytime running lights (DRL)
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #63
ServerTech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91612
What I Drive: 2012 S.G. Focus Titanium Hatchback

Points 17, Level 1
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ServerTech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rubicon View Post
Just took our shops IDS out to my 12 Focus and turned on my DRL. Then turned them back off, then back on again.
That's interesting, because I've taken my Focus to 2 different Ford service shops and both of them told me that they weren't able to turn them on. The first shop didn't go into a lot of detail about what they tried to do, but they just told me that that they couldn't do it. The second shop I took my car to weren't as vague about what they had tried to do. They said that they had seen the option to turn them on, and when they tried to do that it spit out an error.

They had then told me they put in a call to Detroit to consult with them about what the issue might be, and they came back saying that the ability to enable DRL had to be set up at the factory. The service guy who was telling me this said that it's most likely because I don't have the correct module installed, but he wasn't too sure about that. My Focus wasn't ordered as a fleet vehicle, so that makes sense. However, when you (03rubicon) said that you were able to turn them on, that got my attention! Was your car built as a fleet purchase? If it was, then you may have this module that makes it possible to turn on your DRL without your IDS spitting out an error. Were you able to verify that the DRL were in fact working by doing a light check when you had turned them on? Any more details about what you had done would be greatly appreciated! :-)

BTW, I wonder where I can get a hold of an IDS in order so I can see for myself how it works...

Russ