SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutZX2 View Post
You could get extreme and install wheelie bars :) It's more challenging to get a FWD to hook then rwd, the weight transfer isn't going where you need it to. I mean in a RWD first thing I would do is pop that front sway bar off, in a FWD if anything I would add a larger one so it keeps both front tires planted evenly.
I've haven't removed the front swaybar from any of my foxbodies. I just go with adjustable shocks and struts with suspension limiters on the front. I will then adjust the shocks stiffness and front suspension limitation depending on track conditions. I always kept the front swaybar in and added the panhard bar to the back so the car would lift the front wheels evenly and keep straight ahead.

For FWD, just make the rear as stiff as possible. A ghetto trick you can do is take 2 footballs, take the air out, put them inside the springs, and then air them up. This will help stiffen the rear end up a bit. Also, adjustable shocks and just set them as stiff as they'll go. For the front suspension, you want it somewhat moderate stiffness. Too stiff of a front suspension can be just as bad as being too soft. I will be adding suspension limiters on my Focus when I do the tubular control arms to help the front end from leaping up so bad.

Here's a video from a couple years ago. The track prep that night sucked (It's crapitol dragway, shouldn't expect more) and as the night went on, the track got colder and colder and I was spinning worse and worse no matter how much heat I put in the tires. I had gotten in the 12.9s earlier in the evening but on these last two runs of the night, I was spinning the slicks pretty bad.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.