Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #94
Foci-runner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95625
What I Drive: 02 SVTF/ 03 Turbo EAP/ 01 S2 (DD)

FF Reputation: 1 Foci-runner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakc View Post
Wow! That's quite a story!
Are you swapping in another Zetec? Why not just get a Duratec 2.3/2.0?

The major issue you will see is that the stock/oem struts and shocks simply won't be up to par when it comes to the rebound rates with the FRPP springs. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone can/will stop you from doing what you want to do - however I'm not really sure if it is even safe to use the stockers.

As for your rear sway bar, I have a stock rear sway bar for sale. Hit me up if you'd like more information.

Have you finished fixing/installing new headlights? I purchased some mach headlights and have very clean stock headlights also for sale. Just saying :)

Btw TireRack has a 20% sale on Koni struts and shocks, both adjustable and non-adjustable. Check it out.
I have already fixed everything that was wrong with the car when I bought it. The only thing left is to paint my replacement fender and install it. I actually went to the boneyard and snagged a decent pass. headlight for the time being.

I am planning on buying a 6K HID Projector Headlight Kit. That along with Taillights and Tint is next on the list after I finishThe lowering Springs.

I am going the Zetec Route because I actually had 2 Zetec long blocks just given to me. So I might as well use them. I don't really get to start all of the major mods until after I get married this summer. Weddings are so flipping expensive!