Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #33
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
That stinks westgadawg. I don't think you really needed a lawyer though. I find this a lot now due to online searches that tend to bring up attorney reference sites rather than state resource sites. I had the exact same problem with USCIS- if you get on USCIS.gov, you're on a government site, but USCIS.org and .com are attorney reference sites where you can learn a bunch of BS told to you by attorneys who want you to pay $6k+ for services to fill out government forms.

Here's the state site complete with FAQ and links. I would get on it ASAP. There is a time limit. There's no reason why you can't be reimbursed for finance charges as that is listed in the statutes. Even the federal law is written "full purchase price". Now if I was a dealer rep, I wouldn't be telling you that. I would be hinting in other directions.

As far as lawyers go, I wouldn't just take their word for it. I have a friend who is in a property dispute. The lawyer told him he'd hear back in Nov. In Jan, he called to see why there was no ruling and the idiot told him that he hadn't even filed the paper yet. He lost that year's income in crop thanks to a lawyer who lost a paper, and he had to pay the lawyer too. Having a lawyer will not always protect you. In your case, if you go over that 2 year or 24k mile marker, you might as well forget it no matter what your lawyer says. The good thing is that you're only 4 down days away from meeting the federal statute. If your lawyer wants to do something for you then the idiot should be making a case to get you reimbursed not only for the vehicle, but for the days off work, or what you had to pay for supplemental transportation.

If enough people have the balls to stick it through, then someone at Ford will realize that somewhere along the line a bean counter decided to put cheaper parts in an excellent design, and thus made the percentage of failures higher. That is my opinion on what happened since the design itself won many engineering awards, and was apparently brilliant. Ford did the exact same thing with the AOD: excellent design on paper, cheap parts to save a buck in manufacturing made it unreliable. Ford is like the US govt when it comes to "police actions", still learning the same lesson over and over again.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.