View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #32
westgadawg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94576
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SE

FF Reputation: 1 westgadawg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My 2012 Focus has spent a total of 26 days in the shop in the last 2 months. The first trip in the service people and engineers acknowledged the grinding noise in the tranny. They pulled the tranny and replaced the clutch, bearing and a few other gadgets. that didnt work so they pulled the tranny again and replaced some more parts. They worked on the software because the car had an erratic idle at low speeds. After 2 weeks we returned to the service dept with same issues plus the car has decided to shut down several times for no apparent reason ( each time while driving thru bussy intersections, a major safety issue). This time Ford replaced the tranny, wiped all the software clean and reflashed the software. The shifting is much improved but after a few hundred miles the grinding is starting back up going from first to second gear. I guess i will be back at the service dept before to long. The Ford customer service person that has contacted me on several occasions told me that Ford refuses to lemon law or buyback these cars because all Ford is required to do is honor the warranty. When I brought up the safety issues he basically blew that off as a non issue. Ford knows that the lemon law protects them more than the consumer. The break in period excuse for the clutches helps add miles to your car. Per the lemon law the value of your car is reduced based on the miles on your car, more miles less value. By the time it all takes effect you are going to loose money and Ford knows that. For my own satisfaction after consulting with an attorney I have a certified letter stating my complaint as to the safety of my car. I have all the paperwork from the dealership involved and the dates and times that I recieved calls from the Ford customer service person named Rob that heard my safety complaint attached to that certfied letter. If something bad happens and it is proven to be a safety issue with my car Ford will be held accountable. My hope is that no one else has to deal with these issues and stays away from the purchase of a 2012 Focus. Looks are decieving the car looks sharp, it rides well, it handles well but is extreamly unreliable. For as long as my Focus is in my possession it will be my advertisment as to why not to purchase a 2012 Focus.