Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #76
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,148, Level 34
Points: 3,148, Level: 34 Points: 3,148, Level: 34 Points: 3,148, Level: 34
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrohead View Post
...When I drive on the freeway (especially on the "striped" concrete they use here in MI for cold weather) the car feels like it's quickly drifting left or right with no steering input, but doesn't seem to happen on smoother asphalt surfaces...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Seems I just keep running into issues that are common. I have noticed this wandering at hwy speeds, but also at slower speeds (25-45 mph)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcinnc View Post
I've called my dealer service mgr and told them about my steering and it's at 65+ mph and on cement interstate driving. I just received back that they ordered the parts for fixing this and will take it in when they call me that the parts are in....
Hi pedrohead, xpartmgr & dcinnc;

I can arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
... My Ford Focus TSB experience was far from that. I actually got an email from my salesman asking how things were going with the new car and I told him what I was experiencing with the steering and included the TSB...thanked me for helping him out with the troubleshooting (He jokingly said. Hey thanks for doing our job for us. lol because they assumed I looked up the TSB).... Issue 100% resolved!.
All that to say that the individual dealerships play a big part in the overall customer experience.
Dysan911,

Love coming across dealership accolade stories! Thank you for posting your great experience. Enjoy your Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Just picked up my car... Steering is VERY much improved! It's much tighter and refined. I feel a lot more confident now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I haven't gotten the car back... I should have it back by Wednesday, but as you can see throughout this thread, it has helped many others...
Hello again me2000,

Sweeeetttt!!!!!

Let me know if I can assist in the future; oh, and thanks for the excellent advice and recommendation to your fellow poster. It's appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
I just had an accident last night which i'm extremely confident is related to that issue. Get your stuff fixed up guys or you might end up in the same hole as me =(
Hi KaputtEqu1pment,

Happy to know that you're ok. Please give our Customer Relationship Center a call at 1-800-392-3673 in order to have the accident documented and escalated to the appropriate department.

Take care everyone!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply