Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #90
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foci-runner View Post
quick question: I have read through your whole post and Now know exactly what I want as far as my suspension setup. Very nice details. I already have the FRPP springs however I was wanting to know if I would need the camber bolts or not. Did the shop need those when you got your alignment? Or were they able to do the alignment without needing camber kit/bolts?

also I drive a sedan w stock struts/shocks (for the moment being). Not sure if that will make much difference when it comes to my alignment question.
Hey Foci-runner,

Glad to hear this was post was helpful in making your decision!

I ultimately did not get camber bolts and apparently don't need them. I drive primarily on the street and if I plan on going to Auto-X's I will definitely get the adjustable bolts.

To answer your question, you do not need the bolts for the alignment unless there is something seriously wrong with your rear camber. I would suggest you get a free alignment check to see if the camber is seriously out of specifications - if so - then purchase the bolts. I'm not sure every other poster would agree with this logic though as most of them went ahead and purchased the bolts before their alignments...

What kind of struts/shocks do you intend on running? The stock ones will not be in anyway useful when running your car on the FRPP springs. My recommendation would be to purchase the SVT shocks/struts as well.

Also, while you're at it, you may as well upgrade your rear sway bar to at least the SVT spec 21mm bar. I'm not sure what the ST bar's specs are but it may also get the job done.

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions you may have!
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90