FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinKY View Post
Took the car in Monday and called to check up on it Tuesday afternoon. The techs were unable to duplicate the issue...
Hello again JCinKY

The offer to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager is available if the grinding rears its head again. To begin the process, I will need a PM with the VIN, current mileage, phone number and dealer information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
I purchased a 2012 Focus SE 10 days ago and the grinding noise started around 200mi. My car is in the shop and the Ford Service Director confirmed the noise today. The initial response from the Service Advisor was "Ford indicates this is normal until the break-in period after 5K mi"...
Hi sunny,

Congratulations on the Focus!

There is a break-in period of 1000 miles as stated in the Owner Guide on page 5. Therefore, give the Focus some time to smooth out. If after the break-in period the issue escalates, Iím available to help by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to lend a hand, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Thanks,

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford