Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - If this don't ruffle your feathers...
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 58 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoZx3 View Post
This has been all over Facebook, and as hard as I try to be mad, shocked, etc.. I'm not.

I'm just annoyed. Nothing this country's government does (be it state or federal) surprises me anymore. Most in our gov't don't understand the sacrifices us men and women in uniform make. And that's largely in part to the fact that most people in our gov't have never served a day in their life. So how could they understand? All those people know is what they see on tv, and well.. what they see on tv is a 30 second blip about another soldier being killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. And immediately following that, a 10 minute block of coverage for a celebrity who died. And after that? More and more coverage for said celebrity that lasts weeks, if not months. This country as a whole is up. And the shit that takes place no longer surprises me. I lost all hope after the Senate or House or whoever it was shot down the bill to give free healthcare to the 9/11 relief workers. That's when I said it.

Our country will burn one day.. and who will we have to thank for it? Ourselves.
Yeah, remember the moment of silence for Micheal Jackson? IDK if that was actually true, I was in Iraq at the time, but this kind of "royal" treatment towards celebrities just makes me sick.