Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - just bought SPI powered 2001 LX
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
Foci-runner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95625
What I Drive: 02 SVTF/ 03 Turbo EAP/ 01 S2 (DD)

FF Reputation: 1 Foci-runner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
from the original problems with car:

vibrations -> all 3 motor mounts completely useless, after changing em the difference was like night to day, anyway those were the aftermarket ones and the tbone failed again 3 months later, luckily it's cheap and i was able to change it so it cost me 25$.

jumbo jet sound -> well that was something around exhaust manifold that ruptured, with my car knowledge at the time i didn't even understand what the mechanic has explained to me :P

I had problem lately with wiring to the battery, solved in this thread:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283099

Currently I'm looking at belt and belt tensioner, and it's because of two things
1. i get the typical 'old belt' noise when turning on/off the AC
2. there is some vibration in motor that seems to be related to AC speed
Glad to hear you got everything resolved I saw your post and started reading from the beginning. when I heard you talk about the noise and vibration I immediately new motor mounts. I had the same issue when I bought my SPI a few months ago. I have been through my car so many times and have really learned a lot from this forum.

I hope everything continues to work out for you and your foci. Do you have any further plans with it?