Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #863
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2012 View Post
So OK ... today they ordered the clutch and "hopefully" I will get my car back early next week ...depending what they find when they pull the transmission.

But interestingly I ended up with a $25/day enterprise focus 2012 se sedan built 12.2.11. and the transmission with 4500 miles on it is perfectly fine. What upsets me most on the forum is owners who don't have a problem constantly hyping the 1000 mile break in fantasy that ford cooked up to spin fog on the early clutch and programming problems.

I have reset the mileage to see if this car gets the same mileage around town as the original ... I'm thinking that the bad clutch versions also suffered from mileage problems ... but we will see.
I believe they gave out this 1000 mile break in period as a legitimate step. You really do have to wait for a short while to see if the parts smooth out, especially clutches. BUT, I dont think it mattered for the folks in your situation. Now, what has seemed to work for some is the "italian break in", wherein you flog the car from 0 to 80 at WOT, then stop aggresively. But that shouldnt be ncessary either. You are experiencing the the not so fun side of being the first to buy a new style car. Unlike a new iPhone, laptop, reader etc, a car is so complex and has so many interactions between the driver, the road, the environment, other parts on the car, that it seems the first model always has this kind of crap.

I feel for ya, I would be sooper upset if I had these issues.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!