Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #86
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homey55 View Post
Awesome! Glad you like it and I could help.

For tires I would also check out S-Drives. I got those and I really like them but I also have nothing to compare them to.

I need a sway bar now! I could use a little more control in the turns and much less push.

My MPG with the new plugs sucks right now so maybe don't go with the 103's and do a stock replacement plug.
Thanks for all of your help Homey!

I'm actually caught in between buying either Continental DWS or DW. I sometimes push my car very hard and I know the DW's are the performance tire of the bunch - however with the DWS - it gives me all weather (including snow) performance.

All I know is my tires are close to their "sell by" date. We've been getting some seriously heavy rain out here in Santa Cruz/Bay Area and I've be traversing the hills very gingerly due to the aquaplaning I've been experiencing as well as poor grip at the rear. In the dry, these tires are extremely responsive but the wet weather driving is definitely concerning.

As for the getting a rear sway bar - definitely get one. I knew ahead of time that putting a thicker front sway bar would increase the understeer/push so I left the stock one in.

I found a brand new unused SVT bar for sale of FF and got it for a steal. I can definitely control my car in the wet even if the rear tires suck but I probably wouldn't have as much control with out it.

Do you have a stock bar at least? If not, I have mine which I would be happy to part with :)
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90