Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #851
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Took my car in for the steering wandering and the transmission update. Just received a call stating that they had ordered the parts for the steering issue per the TSB. Asked about the transmission and they said it's possible the steering issue is causing it, but they weren't sure and there weren't any codes being thrown (thanks ). Think when I drop it off in a few days (they still have it right now since I am without a car and have no way to get there currently. Getting to work when it goes back in is going to be interesting) after they get the parts in I am going to ask specifically for them to check the transmission TSB since according to the text of it it deals directly with a number of things I am experiencing.

I had scheduled my appointment a week ago and the tech who set it up said they'd probably need it most of the day for testing and fixing. Dropped off the car and a half hour later received a call asking what I wanted looked at. Apparently the guy I set it up with wasn't there today and they had no clue why my car was in for service. I had to explain my issues again (not a huge deal, but somewhat disappointing wrt preparedness). Three hours later received a call explaining the above.

I was honestly much more interested in the transmission update than the steering wandering issue since the transmission effects me at a much greater frequency, but oh well, progress is progress.
IF your dealer wont pick you up in a courtesy vehicle, you need a new dealer. Just call em and tell em you have no ride. They will pick you up. hope it works out for ya.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!