Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #68
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Nope, still clunking. I specifically requested a different service advisor out of recommendation from a colleague, and was still given back to the service team I requested to not be handled by.

I was also given an attitude by both the advisor and the shop team leader, and then after standing my ground and insisting there was still an issue, I was finally granted a very reluctant test-drive with the service manager. Since the noise was 'unable to be detected' on the test-drive, we returned to the dealer, and I continued on my way to work feeling rather unsatisfied with the entire experience.

I'm done dealing with the dealership. Not only am I tired of being treated like a dumb consumer, I'm really tired of fighting them on an issue they feel does not exist. I work at a Toyota dealership and drive a lot of cars with more miles on them that don't exhibit front suspension noise like my car does, and I've helped diagnose similar issues with front suspension noise on other cars before. My car didn't make the noise when it was new, it shouldn't be making it now.

I'm simply fed up.

[Edit] I did want to add, though, that everyone else I've dealt with at Ford Customer Service outside of this particular dealership has been great. So, thank you for that.
I know the feeling. Ford Customer Service on these forums set up the appointments for me, but that didn't seem to help. I am to the point that I am willing to have a car mechanic fix it, and then send the bill to Ford. I have tried to get it fixed, one place does not acknowledge it, the other does acknowledge the issue, but says that this is normal for the Focus. They tried to convince me that just like I got used to the transmission, this is the new norm for Ford vehicles. When we test drove another Focus to show him that it is not in that one, he said it will occur after some time goes by. I swear these guys come up with this stuff on the fly.