BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
that was the point. I was being a smartass. I did the FS Werks race exhaust. good luck with your cutting though. It really shouldn't be too hard/you would be hard pressed to screw it up. What was hard was trying to cut the lunchbox section off from under the car on stands without a sawsall (I used a saber saw). There is practically no room under there by the rear suspension.

Also do you think becasue of the size of your exhasut tip that it will contact
the bumper and melt it? Is that why you are cutting a hair off?
Yeah, your approach is obviously more real (vs our Wal-Mart approach).

I will need to make sure the tip is not right up against the bumper to avoid melting it. But the main reason I'm considering cutting the original pipe is that when I position the new tip how I want it (more level than pointing down) you can see the OEM pipe (light colored metal) drooping down inside the the new tip which looks pretty lame, especially if you stand farther back or are lower to the ground. So, that was the desire to either paint the OEM pipe dark so it is less noticeable or cut off about 1 1/2". Most of the pics of others tips are from higher or side angle so I cant tell if others have the same issue. Or, maybe no one else cares and I am being OCD.