Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - needs to know cheap way to gain 20+hp
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #29
jjakimetz
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 81204
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Grey 2.0,ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 1 jjakimetz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
Hell yes I believe it, I've done it twice already! It feels like when you add a K&N cold air system; just a slight difference in performance... and probably more of a mental upgrade. No error codes, no pending codes.

Let's work out the logic: If the PCM is told it's running a few (and that's VERY important, if you eff-up your math and get it wrong by twenty degrees = not good) degrees cooler than it's been programmed to run 'optimally', it does what?! adds air and fuel to warm it all up; the net result is more power and a slight loss of mpgs.

I'm working with a friend to solder up a few different resistances on a few different ECT sensors and pulling with each on a dyno to get concrete numbers... to prove to everyone else what I've already realized.
Why not just tune the car? Seems like a lot of work "reinventing the wheel" and screwing with mechanical parts that are already calibrated properly.