Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ECU Modification Question
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Eurofordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87186
What I Drive: 1985 Moto Guzzi T5 850 NT

FF Reputation: 1 Eurofordfan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
There should be access to some of that in the tuning software but to what degree I wont know till SCT get working tuning software for the 2012 Focus

Tom
Thank you Tom. I suspect that, for example, an attempted gearing change for the MTX75 (to the Euro 4th and 5th gears) would be supported by SCT... I hope the TCS-off and ESC-off function is supported, as well.

What about simply a(n electronic / voltage) spike-free simultaneneous cut-off of the (four?) wires leading to / from the angular motion accelerometer, that controls the ESC system along with the steering angle sensor? Surely there would be no need for the ABS logic module to simulaneously kill-off ABS, TCS and ESC, just 'cause one of the two main inputs for ESC has been deactivated? That way, at least ABS could remain active.... Now, I expect that the angular accelerometer (and indeed, most sensors) is CAN BUS.... so it's not like you can exactly modify a resistance, or cut-off a signal, as I understand it.

Come to think of it, though, TCS shutoff is important, too, as between ESC and TCS - the chassis tuning is really impacted.

Thx, in any case. Any others with ideas?