Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #838
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
The same exact thing happened to me 2 weeks ago while I test drove a brand new 2012 Focus (SE sedan). I was taking a left turn into a side road and the PowerShift transmission decided to stop shifting without any warning. Out of frustration I tried to floor it and the revs simply bounced off the limiter like I was in neutral. It wasn't until I took my foot off completely and pushed on the gas pedal again when it finally decided to shift and let me accelerate.

I mostly liked the fact that there was absolutely no noticeable throttle delay—which is definitely a rarity with cars these days.
It's kind of amazing the wide variety of experiences people are having with this car. You experienced a tranny meltdown but no throttle delay. I've never had any significant tranny hesitation, but the thottle delay is generally much worse for me than on any conventional auto car I've driven. A bunch of folks on another thread a few weeks ago agreed.

Is there really such a wide range of behavior with these DCTs or is it all about the driver's frame of reference and experience?