Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #836
pra2veen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86954
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch (Kona Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 pra2veen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My transmission acted weird at two different occasions. I took a right turn at a light and tried to accelerate away, when the car would rev but wouldn't move. It felt like I was revving in Neutral (I was in D). I tried shifting the car to S and back but that didn't help. Same thing with Neutral. Luckily I could pull to the side and turn off the engine and turn it back on and it started working fine again. It kinda freaked me out and would've been bad if there was another car coming behind me. This happened only twice and the service guy couldn't replicate it, obviously.
Anyway, I got my first service done (at 9100mi) and, although I didn't ask them to, they applied the TSB 12-1-4.
The car feels no different to me and I'm happy the service guys at least did something to fix the issue :)
I will update if I face the issue again.

edit: I also got the TSB 11-10-1, to fix the issue where the remote lock doesn't work for a few seconds after turning off the car. This delay was almost 10 seconds at times.