Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Want to get into cheap drag racing (as a hobby and experiment)
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
87-93 Mustang - Easy to find parts for, best stock suspension, and a strong but lightweight uni-body design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerFocer View Post
-Where's a good place to find used racing parts for SBF's?
Junkyard. (not kidding) Late 90s Explorer heads are the same GT40 heads from the 93 Cobra, just go rip them off a 5.0L explorer at the junkyard. Check around the for sale sections of mustangforums, corral, foxbodyforums, moddedmustangs, etc... As far as companies, I deal with JPC Racing and Speed Unlimited quite a bit for engine and transmission work. As far as my nitrous goes, I'm using Steve Johnson's induction solutions (incase you decide to juice it, I recommend their fogger kit).

Quote:
-What do you think a stock engine, stripped out, street tire fox/94+ stang can run?
I've seen a gutted fox with completely stock motor go 12s. As for the SN95, slower than my Focus on street tires. The 94+ bodies are heavy pigs. Mid-13s at best probably with a really good driver.

Quote:
-Where's a good site for info/forums about drag racing?
www.yellowbullet.com

^^^Hands down the most informative site on drag racing though I will warn you, they like to rip apart newbs. There's a certain... eh... welcoming or indoctrination over there.

Good luck.

Last edited by SMITHBOY76908; 03-25-2012 at 08:38 AM.