Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 8 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemskeetSkeet View Post
Wheels were ordered Tuesday for mine so I am very excited!

I did have a question for you though:

Can you buy just the black bezels for the headlights? If so, how difficult do you think it'll be to separate my current ones?

Just curious if you knew.

Lastly, I was curious how difficult it was to black out your grille? I have a sheet long and wide enough of gloss black vinyl that can be used for the whiskers and the emblems. Was it easy to cut around the lip of the chrome? I have a nice hobby knife to use so I was just curious. Was also wondering what kind of conditions should I be in for applying it? Do I need a heat source? Cold weather? etc.

Thanks!

Keep us posted on your next project!
To answer your first question, I don't know. Though, I honestly wouldn't even bother. If you could cleanly separate the pieces and swap them over, just the effort and care needed to pull apart the headlights and put them back together would leave potential for problems. I suppose in theory it could be done, but I can't say I'd attempt it.

For the grill, it took just minutes. I found enough of a lip to guide the hobby knife I used, that I could easily trace around the outside. I applied it when it was moderately warm outside. Depending on the conditions when you apply it, a bit of heat couldn't hurt. I doesn't have to be hot, but comfortably warm is a nice temperature.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.