Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #89
5jschiavones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96821
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 5jschiavones Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
rotational sound at 35 mph

I have the same humming rotational noise but mine is at 35 mph - been back to the shop 4 times for same thing. They cannot find anything wrong. I have driven with at least 4 people so they can hear the noise.. First one said definitely rotational noise but found nothing. The next three said that they have to struggle to hear it. Bull>>>>. It is loud and clear. Last time in they changed out the driver's front wheel bearing. Did nothing. Still there. I have contacted Ford about this and will be calling everyone back Monday to tell them still has noise. I picked my car up when it was raining, so I did not hear the noise until it was dry out next day. I'm angry because they can't seem to find the problem. They too are sick of seeing me and I am very sick of seeing them too! They have tried to tell me it is normal but the 4 other focus' I drive do not make this noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Welcome in the club,I got this problem since I bought the car in June.And to give you an update,engineers have apparently found the source of the problem a few weeks ago and it would be some bad bearings.The "new" bearings are apparently available but dealerships are waiting for the new TSB before ordering the parts to fix this issue.

The message was suppose to be out this week but again I was told to wait.After 19 weeks,me being pis.. off is an understatement.