Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Full Build... blue smoke??? Ideas???
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #16
itbparada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31881
What I Drive: 03 fSVT zx3

FF Reputation: 5 itbparada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I would check that tune good it could be part of the issue

As for the rings .004 to .0045 x bore on the top ring and .005 to .0055 on the second ring x bore depending on what level of boost and performance and its very important to have the ring square with the deck , you can use one of the old pistons with all but the second ring off to pust the rings square in the bore , some know this but adding it for others that dont

Tom
Well the windage/pan/blower/head are comming off 2maro... going to take a look at piston #3's rings. I used a cylinder bore square from my sr20det build a while back when I was setting rings up. Using a piston definatly works just as great to.

Finishing up my contourSVT 3l hybrid durring all this ughh hate having both SVTs down.

Ill be posting up the pics/specs as soon as I pull everything appart.. and we can figure this out...

as always, thanks a millions guys

-Rick