Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Assembly Lube, worth the extra $?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Have you guys actually built a Zetec engine , we are not talking about a V8 572 inch engine with roller cams like in my 55 chevy making over 900+HP where I have 960psi spring seat psi , I have NEVER run an engine at 2500 when i first start it and let it run for 20 min , thats silly old school , sorry never had a cam failure with a flat tappet cam and we built aboit 90+ engines a year for 27 years not one cam failure

For those that dont know the Zetec does not have lifters and has buckets that are soaking sitting in oil at idle and the Zetec has 50+psi oil psi most of the time even idle this isnt a V8 , the old school idea of higher rev at idle is to get more oil onto the lifters from the crank spinning so why give old school advise about how things work on a V8 this is a Focus Forum ?

Clean when assy engine yes , gloves to keep your hands clean sure , not touching the bearings or having to have surgically clean is a little over board this is a Zetec engine not a pro mor or Blown Alci engine which we also built

You guys need to keep in mind most these guys have never built an engine , dont have a way to get things surgically clean or even have the correct things to build the engine properly , I think plasta gauge SUCKS and no respectable engine builder should use it , most these guys think the locking lips are there to keep the bearing from spinning

They dont need to hear what old school guys do to v8 engine thats well... a little silly to be doing

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus