Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I haven't had a NAV card default in a while. Things are performing well. I'm getting used to avoiding (or not getting frustrated by bugs). Most bugs are display issues. The most annoying bug, is the NAV Card Default, which can ruin a drive altogether if I am relying on the NAV. Second is the Voice system often (but not always) forgetting it is already in NAV mode, and requiring me to say "Navigation" before saying "Destination..." or other map voice commands.

Overall, I'm content with the new version for now. If they can stop the Nav system from failing completely from time to time, it would be acceptable. the buttons and display malfunctions should be next, then interface (especially 3D nav) improvement can come later.
That's strange. On my V2, even if I'm in radio, I don't have to say "Navigation" before "Destination"... it works from wherever.

Also, for the NAV card faults (not defaults, just faults), I just open the center console, pop the card up, and pop it back in. It works fine after that.

Only happens every few weeks for me. Hope it isn't worse off in the update.