Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #1137
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 336, Level 6
Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
don't know if this was covered already, but for anyone with the navigation system, i found this bug:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

basically, the names of your old "favorites" in mft are retained and the system still remembers them. so when you go to try and re-add them, you have to completely rename the places to new names.

ex: let's say you had a place named "Home 2" in version 2.11, (at least in my version of 3.0) i cannot name "Home 2" that anymore. I have to name it something else as that favorite was never wiped from the system.

has anyone with nav. experienced this and fixed it? if so, what's the solution? pulling fuses / disconnecting the battery?

sorry for some of my stuttering, i was tripping over words / trying to find the best way to describe what i was seeing.
Based on this information, for those of us who have not got our upgrade package, I wonder if we should delete all of our pre-existing navigation favorites before we upgrade?

Do you think this would avoid the problem?

Rich